Agricultural apprenticeships provide learners with the right skills and knowledge to succeed in the agriculture industry, while providing employers with new talent equipped to effectively manage a range of farming operations and activities. These apprenticeships support learners from family farms to accelerate their learning in a methodical and managed way, and also provide opportunities for individuals with no links to the farming industry to begin a career in agriculture. For employers, agriculture apprenticeships help grow talent that understand individual farm needs and operations which can improve efficiency and performance. Whether learners are new to farming or experienced, our variety of apprenticeships provide learners of all levels with the skills they need to succeed.
Download our brochure to find out more about our apprenticeshipsDownload the brochure
Working with some of the UK's best
- Apprenticeships are accessible for all companies large or small, and are either part or fully funded.
- Agriculture apprenticeships are one of the most effective ways to equip your team with the right skills to manage operations at your farm
- Attract the best team of workers – committed, and motivated individuals driven to build a career in agriculture
- Elevate your farming business’s potential by providing your employees with tailor-made training programmes, structured learning outlets, and transferable skill sets.
of the food we eat is provided by agriculture
500,000 people are employed by the agriculture industry, which is a key part of the food and drink sector
of the UK's land is managed by farmers and land managers
£11.2bn is the amount the agriculture industry contributes to the UK economy
- You’ll gain valuable qualifications and skills while earning a salary and not paying tuition fees.
- You do not need a background in farming. Agriculture apprenticeships are a fantastic route to working in the industry and provide opportunities for people from all different backgrounds, including those with no links to the farming industry.
- Our apprentice trainers are passionate about farming too, so you’ll be in great hands when it comes to learning about all areas of agriculture.
- You will get plenty of work experience, solving problems in a real-world agriculture environment. This can really help you not only apply practical knowledge to your studies, but also prepare you for your future career.
- Through your apprenticeship you will have a mentor who can guide and advise you, give you feedback and help you decide what are the best steps for advancing in your career.
- You will benefit from a combination of workplace learning and classroom learning, and through STS your employer may opt to offer you an added value experiential learning course at one of our 12 training centres.
The best fit
An agriculture apprenticeship is a great fit for you if:
- You are passionate about the outdoors
- Love the idea of a practical job and working outside everyday
- A practical person who cares for animal welfare
- Respect the environment and recognise the importance of safety procedures
An agriculture apprenticeship will provide you with the right skills and behaviours to work in a wide variety of roles, to name a few;
- Farm worker
- Crop manager
- Agricultural engineer