The hospitality industry is fast-paced and competitive, and the importance of high quality training cannot be underestimated. The sector serves up the opportunity to work in a wide variety of job roles that promise no two days will be the same. From food and beverage to accommodation, travel and tourism and entertainment, apprenticeships in hospitality provide learners with abundant opportunity and employers with confident, skilled and adaptable workers who understand the value of providing exceptional customer service. Whether learners are new to the industry or experienced employees, our variety of apprenticeships provide learners of all levels with the skills they need to succeed.
Download our brochure to find out more about our apprenticeshipsDownload the brochure
Working with some of the UK's best
- Apprenticeships are accessible for all companies large or small, and are either part or fully funded.
- Fill key skills gaps and identify developing talent in your organisation.
- Apprenticeships support staff retention and could hold the key to sustainable employment and team longevity.
- Attract the best team of workers – committed, and motivated individuals hungry to build a career in this exciting industry.
- Providing internal opportunities can benefit your work culture and provide a testament of strength and employee interest to your company.
- Elevate your business’s potential by providing your employees with tailor-made training programmes, structured learning outlets, and transferable skill sets.
3m + people are employed in the hospitality sector in the UK
£130bn is how much the hospitality sector creates in economic activity in the UK
3rd largest private sector employer in the UK; double the size of financial services and bigger than automotive, pharmaceuticals and aerospace combined.
1 in 10 UK jobs are in the hospitality industry
- You’ll gain valuable qualifications and skills while earning a salary and not paying tuition fees.
- In the hospitality industry everyday is different. Forget dull desk sitting, hospitality apprenticeships offer a practical work-based route to success.
- The hospitality industry provides abundant opportunities for a varied and exciting career, you could manage a big hotel, organise a major public event, or even cook for world-renowned critics.
- Hospitality apprenticeships offer broad professional advantages, most skills learned are transferable, and are valued by many industries. Namely, interpersonal and communication skills.
- You’ll get to meet new people everyday. The hospitality industry is highly sociable, and you’ll no doubt have the pleasure of having many different conversations with people from all walks of life.
- Through your apprenticeship you will have a mentor who can guide and advise you, give you feedback and help you decide what are the best steps for advancing in your hospitality career.
- You will benefit from a combination of workplace learning and classroom learning, and through STS your employer may opt to offer you an added value experiential learning course at one of our 12 training centres.
Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeships
Carrying out a range of general and specialist roles within hospitality businesses, including bars, cafes, conference centres, restaurants and hotels.
Production Chef Apprenticeships
Working as part of a team in time-bound and often challenging kitchen environments.
Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeships
Supervising staff and activities within hospitality businesses including bars, cafes, conference centres, restaurants and hotels.
Senior Production Chef Apprenticeships
Managing a team to produce standardised dished and menus within a kitchen environment.
The best fit
A hospitality apprenticeship is a great fit for you if:
- You are sociable, outgoing and understanding
- Passionate about food and drink
- Love the idea of providing an excellent experience for people
- Great at multitasking, intuitive, and level-headed
A hospitality apprenticeship will provide you with the right skills and behaviours to work in a wide variety of roles, to name a few;
- Chef De Partie / Head Chef
- Catering/Bar or Restaurant Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Catering/Bar or Restaurant Supervisor
- Customer Experience Manager
- Event Organiser/ Manager
- Guest Entertainment Coordinator